You Exec is an exclusive membership-based business organization. All our members are business managers, directors, VPs, among others — who work in a corporate environment. We are seeking a writer, familiar with business terminologies, who can write anywhere between one to twenty business book summaries per month. Each of our book summaries are between 1,000 to 5,000 words — all of our book summaries also have an audio version, which we ask the writer to record.
How we pay:
- We pay $0.15 to $0.20 per word for book summaries. That is, for a two-page book summary — about 1,000 words — we pay between $150 to $200.
- For the audio recording, we pay $1.5 for every minute of sound. That is, for a two-page book summary the audio version should be around ten minutes — and we would pay $15. The sound does not need to be professionally recorded, most of our writers use a smartphone with a basic headphone to record.
- We pay within 24-48 hours after receiving your article if there are no revisions. We use PayPal to transfer funds.
- All payments are in USD.
The ideal candidate:
- Has already published or is a contributor with Forbes, The Atlantic, New York Times, Huffington Post, or similar publications.
- Has a business degree or is very familiar with business topics, strategies, etc.
- Works remotely, and is willing to sometimes chat by phone or Skype.
- Can write at a minimum one book summary per month.
- Is prepared to research any business book by reading online references, reviews, summaries, and can independently put together a 1,000 to 5,000-word book summary.
Sample book summaries:
Here are a few of our book summaries. The ideal candidate should be able to write a similar summary. To write a summary, the only detail we give our writers is the title of the book and the appropriate Amazon link.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck — has audio
- Ego is the Enemy — has audio
- Thinking Fast and Slow — has audio
- The Lean Startup
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Complete and submit the form below.
- Include 2-3 links or samples of your past articles.
- If you have published in Forbes, The Atlantic, New York Times, Huffington Post, or similar publications — include direct links to your articles.
- If we like your application we will start you off with your first book summary assessment — this will be a 1,000-word business book summary to gauge the quality of your writing. If we like your work, we will pay you as described above. You Exec has the right to refuse any work that does not meet our gold standard.
- After your first assignment we will continue sending you weekly book summary requests depending on your availability.