You Exec is an exclusive membership-based business organization. All our members are business managers, directors, VPs, among others — who work in a corporate environment. We are seeking a writer, familiar with business terminologies, who can summarize business books. Each of our book summaries are between 4,000 to 5,000 words — all of our book summaries also have an audio version, which we ask the writer to record.
How we pay:
- For a 4,000 to 5,000 word book summary we pay $800 USD.
- We cover the price of the book, you must purchase your book copy via Amazon.
- For the audio recording, we pay $1 for every minute of sound. That is, for a two-page book summary the audio version should be around ten minutes — and we would pay $10. The sound does not need to be professionally recorded, most of our writers use a smartphone with a basic headphone to record.
- We pay within 24-48 hours after receiving your article if there are no revisions.
- We use PayPal to transfer funds.
- All payments are in USD.
The ideal candidate:
- Has already published or is a contributor with Forbes, The Atlantic, New York Times, Huffington Post, or similar publications.
- Has a business degree or is very familiar with business topics, strategies, etc.
- Works remotely, and is willing to sometimes chat by phone or Skype.
- Can write at a minimum one book summary per month.
Sample book summaries:
Here are a few of our book summaries. The ideal candidate should be able to write a similar summary. To write a summary, the only detail we give our writers is the title of the book and the appropriate Amazon link.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck — has audio
- Ego is the Enemy — has audio
- Thinking Fast and Slow — has audio
- Complete and submit the form below.
- Include 2-3 links or samples of your past articles.
- If you have published in Forbes, The Atlantic, New York Times, Huffington Post, or similar publications — include direct links to your articles.
- If we like your application we will start you off with your first book summary.
- You Exec has the right to refuse any work that does not meet our quality standards.
- After your first assignment we will continue sending you weekly book summary requests depending on your availability.